Nothing Can Stop Alumna Zakia Mahabub

Screenshot of Student Success Mentor Zakia Mahabub's Digication Interview on YouTubeIn Fall 2020, LaGuardia faculty invited CTL Student Success Mentor (SSM) Zakia Mahabub to take part in an interview with Digication, an ePortfolio tool for sharing work online with friends, teachers, and potential employers. During the two-part interview, Zakia eloquently expresses passion for enhancing LaGuardia’s first year students by making connections to her own life. Currently majoring in computer engineering, she thoughtfully reflects upon personal and academic experiences of immigrating from Bangladesh, studying at LaGuardia, transferring to City College, and facilitating ePortfolio design and development as an SSM since Fall 2016. Zakia now serves as the SSM Discipline Leader for Computer Science, providing key support for her colleagues and facilitating an ePortfolio Studio Hour for the First Year Seminar for Computer Science.

Learn more about the Student Success Mentors.

Listen to Part I and Part II of Zakia’s Digication interview, “There’s Nothing That Can Stop Me if I’m True to Myself.”

Access more Digication Scholars Conversations on Apple Podcasts.